A lot of us spend most of our time inside. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, the average modern-day American will spend 87% of their life indoors. Another 6% will be spent in cars. That means there’s only 7% leftover for time outside!
Part of our mission as a company is to help change that. And I would say it’s working. Most of our clients tell us they wish they invested in their outdoor spaces sooner! But before you get that shovel out, consider that the first step to a landscape that will make you never want to go back inside is… design.
Design is simply a thoughtfully-crafted plan of what your space should look like. Not having a plan can be both costly and frustrating. This is because a plan allows us to help clients experience their space before building it and understand final costs to avoid any surprises.
And forget big egos and people with fancy suits. In this post, I want to “demystify” the process and talk to you about why every landscaping project should begin with design.
Landscape Design that Starts with You
We believe that your backyard should be an extension of your home. Whether you need a complete outdoor renovation or just a slight revamping of an existing space, designing your landscape should be fun and exciting. Working with an experienced landscape designer is crucial. Here’s why:
- You’ll be able to see it before you build it — Designing with Plants Creative always includes a detailed proposal. The baseline for this is a comprehensive 2D site plan. Immersive 3D views are also an option. You’ll be able to envision yourself in your landscape before the building even begins!
- You’ll prevent future issues — Interior design is more static because the environment is controlled. This is not the case with landscaping! Since your yard is an outdoor setting, it’s important to look at the site as a living, breathing ecosystem. For one, the weather is always unpredictable. And without regular maintenance, a landscape can quickly become overgrown or untidy. Working with one of our experienced, professional landscape designers prevents headaches — and always keeps a future vision in mind.
- You’ll set the tone for our working relationship — When you pay for design, you’re showing us that you’re committed. This is an important first step and it allows us the freedom to do our very best work for you. You’ll receive timely communication from us for every step of our design process.
- You’ll receive a clear budget & accurate timeline — Once we’ve completed our final designs, you’ll have a very clear picture of exactly what you can expect to pay — and when. Since our designers all work in-house, we don’t need to work with many (if any) subcontractors. We’re able to give you a more accurate project schedule, so you can spend less time worrying about when your landscape will be completed. Instead, spend more time dreaming about the finished product, knowing that it’s in capable hands.
- You’ll get our very best work! — All of our landscape designers hold degrees from accredited colleges. With years of experience under their belts, they’re able to ask you the right questions. Combine this with our empathetic design process and you’ll have a landscape that is truly yours.
A professional landscape design experience gets rid of some of the headaches that can come with a major renovation. At Plants Creative, our designers always start with you. By combining our expertise with your dreams, you’ll have a creative landscape to call your own.