Decatur, GA, Full Time
Work is a big part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do something you love. Being part of the Plants Creative team means exactly that. You’ll have the opportunity to be part of a larger mission — to enrich people’s lives by improving the relationship they have with the outdoor places they live, work and play in. As you live out this mission, the opportunities to become a leader in your craft, your career and your community grow too. Earn great pay. Receive outstanding benefits.
We are currently accepting resumes to add a Landscape Designer to our team. The ideal candidate will be an independent creative but also committed to team success. We intentionally seek growth-minded and naturally-motivated candidates who desire to grow personally and professionally.
What you’d be responsible for…
- Meet with new clients to discuss goals and develop visions for outdoor spaces.
- Develop landscape master plans that are creative, sustainable, reflective of goals, and that work within budget parameters.
- Build proposals that are reflective of all expenses involved in constructing landscape concepts.
- Coordinate the assembly and delivery of permit packages for sold projects, working within the rules and regulations of various municipalities.
- Collaborate on the buildout of projects, and attend scheduled site meetings, with our construction team throughout all phases.
- Exhibit an interest in new landscape products and trends by attending industry events, seeking ongoing educational opportunities, and networking for professional growth.
What your goals would be...
- Improving communities and quality of lives by designing and building uniquely beautiful and sustainable landscapes on residential properties.
- Providing the ultimate customer experience in residential landscape design-build, building brand loyalty.
- Accomplishing monthly goals that support of both individual and team.
- Attending a minimum of three (3) industry events per year, either locally or nationally.
What We’re Looking For:
- A design degree, or a minimum of five (5) years of design experience with strong references, is required.
- Proficiency in the use of current versions of AutoCAD and SketchUp along with strong 2D and 3D design and graphics skills.
- Candidate should be prepared to present a project portfolio showcasing feature projects and design skills.
- Hand sketching would be considered a strong plus but is not required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of project management is required.
- Adept at learning new computer programs including cloud-based estimating software, CRM program, and internal pipeline management software.
- Monday through Friday 8:00-4:30 with some flexibility required due to customer schedules, team meetings and seasonal needs.
Wage, Incentives, Benefits:
- Base pay range between $48,000-$54,000
- Commission and bonus opportunities equal to approximately 45% of base salary
- HRA - Healthcare Reimbursement Arrangement
- Retirement savings plan
- Company vehicle or mileage reimbursement
- Annual compensated educational opportunities
- Ongoing performance and goal tracking
- Personal satisfaction of being a part of a team that is uniquely positive
- Actively encouraged to maintain a healthy balance between work and home life
Reports to: Senior Project Architect
- Other PCL Landscape Designers
- Landscape Design Support Staff
- Construction Operations Manager
- Construction Production Manager
- People Experience Manager
- Cashflow Controller
Click here to apply for this position!
Hiring by: Plants Creative Landscapes
Hard work has its perks...
- Quarterly social gatherings
- Opportunities for growth
- Health benefits
- Paid vacation
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Retirement savings plan
- Work/life balance
- Ongoing and compensated educational opportunities
Apply for this position.
We’re always on the lookout for new talent to grow with. Fill out the form below — we’d love to meet you!